Creative applications of glass are endless. With a large range of etching techniques, your artistic ability can be transfixed in glass design. Selecting custom glass etching services to bring your design to life may be the unique artistic touch your home or office needs.
The etching of glass is an overarching concept that covers a range of techniques to achieve an artistic design. It is the result of meticulously abrading glass in targeted areas in order to produce a cohesive design or work of art. The finished product will range depending on design and scope of work – but will ultimately look as though the surface is freshly frosted or that an intricate pattern, symbol, or art piece is embedded within the depths of the glass.
Today we’ll briefly discuss a few of the techniques that fall under the umbrella of custom glass etching.
- As its name suggests, surface etching involves etching into the surface of the glass.
- This effectively delineates etched glass from untouched glass, allowing for variation between positive and negative space.
- Surface etching is one of the easier design methods of glass etching, and is conducted using a blasting tool or etching cream.
- Glass carving involves sand blasting and etching within the depths of the glass.
- Sand blasting or carving at different depths can create a more 3-D result.
- Like surface etching, shading accentuates depth on the surface of the glass.
- Shading is achieved by etching using a lower density of force.
- The final result will resemble a 3-D looking result on the glass surface.
Glass Etching Services
Finding a quality glass designer that offers custom glass etching may seem difficult. You’ll want to ensure your glass design comes to life exactly how you imagined it. Luckily, Blast Design is fully capable of achieving your glass design in accordance with your unique specifications. We utilize a large range of sandblasting techniques to provide elegantly crafted custom glass and mirror designs. Call Blast Design today to learn more about our glass etching services!