If you’re looking for that special something to enhance your interiors, then opting for decorative glass might just be the solution to really elevating your space. In the world of decorative glass, you’ll likely come across two major types of decorative glass: frosted and etched glass panels. While both options may look similar, they offer differing applications and can nuance your interior design in subtle ways.
Today we’ll compare and contrast frosted and etched glass panels to figure out which option best suits the design of your interiors.
- Both frosted and etched glass obscure visibility through the diffusion of light – making both suitable for applications that require achieving a certain level of privacy
- Both options use acid-etched or sandblasting abrasion to achieve the desired look
- Both options are decorative in nature but can also serve a functional purpose in a range of environments i.e. residential, commercial, in washrooms, glass shower doors, partitions, balustrades, etc.
- Both options will require design and manufacture by a reputable decorative glass provider who is capable of assessing your decorative glass needs and delivering a high-quality product
- Frosted glass is achieved through either manual or automated sandblasting processes
- The process of frosted glass transforms targeted areas of the glass from being completely transparent to becoming completely translucent – the result is more of a cloudy or milky finish
- The process of achieving frosted glass occurs on the surface of the glass plane
- The process of etching glass involves altering the naturally smooth surface of glass to achieve the desired visual effect
- Etched glass is used in a range of applications including decorative patterns, lettering, or artwork
- Etched glass is more precise in nature and can involve going deeper into the surface of the glass
The Ultimate Choice
Both frosted and etched glass panels can serve to elevate the space in which they will reside in. Selecting the right decorative glass solution will largely depend on your own specific design tastes and needs. Do you require decorative glass that displays a specific design? Or are you looking for a glass partition that allows for a little more privacy? Answering these questions will allow you to make an informed decision with regard to what option meets the specificity of your design needs.
Once you do make your decision, the next step is to find a reputable decorative glass designer and manufacturer. Luckily, Blast Design is fully capable of bringing your decorative glass design idea to life. Regardless of whether you require frosted or etched glass, you can rest assured knowing Blast Design offers the knowledge and capabilities of delivering high-quality product every time. Call us today to learn more about our services – one of our industry experts would be happy to assist you!